14.4 C
Pakistan
Friday, April 4, 2025

Death toll in Harnai explosion surges to 11

Death toll in Harnai explosion surges to 11

QUETTA – At least 11 labourers were killed and four others injured after a vehicle carrying them was targeted in what appeared an IED explosion in Shahrag area of Harnai.

Deputy Commissioner Hazrat Wali Kakar has confirmed the death of 11 labourers. He said initially nine people were killed while two injured succumbed to injuries later, taking the toll to 11.

An initial investigation showed an Improvised Explosive Device was planted on the road and it detonated near the vehicle carrying the labourers.

The security officials cordoned off the area while bodies and injured have been shifted to hospital.

The mines department said most of the victims in the deadly explosions belonged to Swat and Shangla areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

Balochistan government spokesperson expressed sorrow over the tragic incident. He said that investigations had been ordered into the explosion.

Meanwhile, Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi has condemned the incident and expressed grief over loss of lives.

An initial investigation showed an Improvised Explosive Device was planted on the road and it detonated near the vehicle carrying the labourers.

The security officials cordoned off the area while bodies and injured have been shifted to hospital.

The mines department said most of the victims in the deadly explosions belonged to Swat and Shangla areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

Balochistan government spokesperson expressed sorrow over the tragic incident. He said that investigations had been ordered into the explosion.

Meanwhile, Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi has condemned the incident and expressed grief over loss of lives.

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

0FansLike
3,912FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe

Latest Articles